Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Banana Bread

It's been years since I've had my mom's banana bread so I decided a few weeks ago to try making it myself. It was so easy and delicious that I made it again last night.

bananabread

Here is the recipe:

2 1/2 cups of flour
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp salad oil (I use melted butter)
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)

Heat oven to 350
Grease and flour 9x5x3 loaf pan (Pam spray is fine)
Measure all ingredients into mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed 1/2 minute, scraping side and bottom of bowl constantly.
Pour into pan. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from pan.
Cool thoroughly before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment