Thursday, September 15, 2011

Atomique47 Winter Collection

I have a confession.

The purse making burned me out. I was selling at least one purse a day for a while and taking orders for which I had no stock so literally making purses each night. These babies are hand cut, sewn on the machine and then embellished with hand sewn flowers so it is quite time consuming. The business also quite literally took over my living room. I had to take a break so for the past 6 months or so, I've been purse free.

However, it is time fire up the sewing machine again and get back to work.

My fabulous hair stylist, Jen Bender opened her own salon recently. She has asked for me to sell some purses at a Christmas salon event which is great motivation for me to get back into it. If you are in Los Angeles, check out her salon, M Bird Studio in Culver City.

Last year, I was obsessed with men's suiting fabrics (wool, tweed, herringbone, hounds tooth etc..) and will incorporate that into my designs for this year but I also want to explore other textures like linen, burlap and lace. Let's see where this takes me.



I am also very into the wedding industry at the moment and plan to explore a more bridal targeted collection. Now to find the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment